Date:      Sun, 21 Feb 1999 12:22:36 +0100 (CET)
From:      Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   HSCX wait for XFW timeout (was Re: error message in the logs - 00.70)

> BTW, recently there was a question what
>
> 	i4b-L1-isic_hscx_waitxfw: HSCX wait for XFW timeout!
>
> means, and i forgot to answer that one. This is an indication that an IRQ
> from the HSCX (the chip handling the B-channel) got lost - most likely

Hmm. This timeout occurs while waiting for the transmit buffer
to accept another 32 bytes to transmit. I don't see how a lost interrupt
can cause this timeout. (Even if you have IDE drives)

To better understand whats going on, I suggest to enable the
L1_H_XFRERR (HSCX data xfer errors) debug flag:
	isdndebug -l1 -s0x1a29

Wolfgang