Date:      Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:19:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Gary Kline <kline@thought.org>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   massive headaches with the ghostscript-5.03 port

I've run into troubles with the gs-5.03 build.  I do have the
necessary jpeg, png, and other files that this suite requires,
but  it can't find jpeg-6a, for starters.

Here is some mouse-captured output:

tao# make
Type "make A4=yes" if you want -DA4 for compilation.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript-5.03.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript-5.03gnu.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript-fonts-std-4.0.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for ghostscript-fonts-other-5.03.tar.gz.
>> Checksum OK for hp850.zip.
===>  Building for ghostscript-5.03
make: don't know how to make jpeg-6a/jpeglib.h. Stop
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
tao#

I'm running 2.2.0 for the nonce.

Any ideas what I need to do to get this installed?

gary

--
  Gary D. Kline         kline@tao.thought.org          Public service uNix