Date:      Fri, 24 Sep 2010 20:05:10 GMT
From:      Thomas Dean <tomdean@speakeasy.org>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   i386/150922: Linux Emulation Segmentation fault (core dumped)

>Number:         150922
>Category:       i386
>Synopsis:       Linux Emulation Segmentation fault (core dumped)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Environment:
FreeBSD asus.tddhome 8.1-STABLE FreeBSD 8.1-STABLE #1: Fri Sep 17 19:09:23 PDT 2010     tomdean@asus.tddhome:/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386
Any linux binary causes a seg fault.  It appears all the binaries in /compat/linux/bin cause a seg fault.

asus# /compat/linux/bin/echo "asdf on FreeBSD"
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I think I am missing something, but, what?
What can I do to help resolve this?

asus# kldstat
Id Refs Address    Size     Name
 1   13 0xc0400000 bc324c   kernel
 2    1 0xc7505000 68000    radeon.ko
 3    1 0xc7572000 14000    drm.ko
 4    1 0xc7d83000 26000    linux.ko

asus# mount
/dev/ad8s1a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local, multilabel)
/dev/ad8s1d on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad8s1g on /usr/home (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad8s1e on /usr/local (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad8s1f on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)
linprocfs on /usr/compat/linux/proc (linprocfs, local)

I expected this to be funny, but, I include it anyway
asus# gdb -c echo.core
GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
<snip>
Core was generated by `echo'.
#0  0x0000081c in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0000081c in ?? ()
#1  0x2817b9c1 in ?? ()
#2  0x280704c4 in ?? ()
#3  0x28070f20 in ?? ()
#4  0x281be0d0 in ?? ()
#5  0x00000001 in ?? ()
..
#220 0x0000000f in ?? ()
#221 <signal handler called>
Cannot access memory at address 0x6d6f637b

Booting linux on the same machine, mounting the FreeBSD filesystems
Ubuntu> /FreeBSD/compat/linux/bin/echo "asdf on Linux"
asdf on Linux