Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 1995 13:23:07 -1000 (HST)
From:      David Langford <langfod@maui.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Major problem with IDE hard drive and current

It seems that the last few kernels I have made on my machine using current
cannot find my IDE controller.

wdc0 at 0x170 not found
wdc1 at 0x1F0 not found

I have tried compiling the "GENERIC" conf file and remaking
another conf file from LINT (after stripping all unneeded stuff) but I get
the same error. Oh, and yes I do have FFS enabled :)

My kernel from July 29 works fine, however.

Also how does one probe a device inside the new kernel "-c" thing.

Thanks.

    |      David Langford  -  Kihei, Maui, Hawaii  - langfod@maui.com    |
    |     Maui Research and Technology Center -- Network Administrator   |