Date:      Sat, 16 Nov 1996 13:14:29 -0800
From:      Peter Haight <peterh@prognet.com>
To:        "Eric J. Chet" <ejc@gargoyle.bazzle.com>, Ernie Elu <ernie@spooky.eis.net.au>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org, dob@nasvr1.cb.lucent.com
Subject:   Re: guavac, libstdc++

At 10:01 PM 11/13/96 -0500, Eric J. Chet wrote:
>On Thu, 14 Nov 1996, Ernie Elu wrote:
>
>> Has anyone managed to get the guavac java compiler from
>> http://http.cs.berkeley.edu/~engberg/guavac to compile under FreeBSD
>> current?
>>
>> Everytime I try it gets a link error from the g++ file tree.h saying that
>> the varialbe rb_NIL is unknown. I can't find that variable in any of the
g++
>> libraries so it might be a bug that it's missing.
>>
>> - Ernie.
>>

>Hello
>	There are three *.cc files in
>/usr/src/contrib/libg++/libstdc++/stl
>
>random.cc
>tree.cc
>tempbuf.cc
>
>That are not being built under FreeBSD.  Should these three files
>be added to the build process for libstdc++?  They really need
>to be included into a library.

I encountered this problem too. It is not that those files are not being
compiled at all, but that they are not compiled into the shared library. I
moved 'libstdc++.so.2.0' out of my /usr/lib and any STL stuff that uses red
black trees now works.

This only happened after I upgraded to the 2.2-961014-SNAP. I don't know
whether this is still a problem.