Date:      Tue, 25 Oct 2016 10:31:07 +0200
From:      David Demelier <demelier.david@gmail.com>
To:        Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Inconsistency? (was Re: misc/jive deleted)

> On 10/23/2016 19:10, Kurt Jaeger wrote:
>>
>> In a mail thread about jive that finding is very mature 8-}
>

> Speaking of maturity and attempting to add consistency, can anyone in this
> thread explain why misc/jive is considered offensive and removed, but the
> FreeBSD daemon logo (on the main web page) is left there ... even though
> there are numerous searchable stories about that image being offensive to
> some religious people?
>
> Thank you for your cogent reply. :)

I'm a bit surprised to see so much traffic about the jive removal.

I personally don't care about offensive software, users are free to
not use it (sudo may have funny insults, disabled by default though).
Perhaps marking it broken because it's offensive was inappropriate.
However bapt pointed out some valuable reasons, the software is not
maintained and has no more distfiles available and this was a good
reason for being removed.

And the daemon logo is a ball for several years now, not really a
daemon anymore. :)

Regards,

--
Demelier David