Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 02:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Peter Leftwich <Hostmaster@Video2Video.Com>
To:        Erik/Propcgamer - PGN Webmaster <webmaster@pgn.hwgn.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD LIST <FreeBSD-Questions@FreeBSD.Org>
Subject:   Re: 3com Etherlink III ISA NIC card using ftp setup

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002, Erik/Propcgamer - PGN Webmaster wrote:
> Thank you for such a quick response. This is the first time i am instlalling freebsd thru ftp.  The computer is connected to my network which has dhcp.

When you are in the /stand/sysinstall menu'ed installer program, arrow down
to "Options" and press the spacebar to select.  Move down to "DHCP" and
press the spacebar to change from NO to YES.  Then arrow down to MediaType
and choose FTP and just keep the URL that is there (ftp.freebsd.org) or
choose a URL that is geographically nearer to you.

> How can i do a dmesg -a in install? Thank you very much

I guess if you haven't gotten the OS installed yet, then nevermind my
question.  The menu'ed sysinstall program should be able to sense your
hardware.  You can check if your NIC is supported at:

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/4.6R/hardware-i386.html#ETHERNET

Yowsers, that's a lot of chat ID's!  ;-)  Have you heard of www.odigo.com ?

--
Peter Leftwich