Date:      Sun, 8 Oct 1995 19:16:48 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        kuku@gilberto.physik.rwth-aachen.de (Christoph P. Kukulies)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hangs at Rebooting...

> After adding
>
> options "BROKEN_KEYBARD_RESET"
>
> my machine hangs at
>
> mulligan# sync ; reboot
>
> syncing disks... 4 4 2 done
> Rebooting...

This means your MB is broken such that we have no current way to make
it reboot :-(.  It fails the keyboard reset, and fails to detect a
CPU shutdown condition :-(.

To fix this requires about 40 man hours of kernel work to implement a
limited ability to call certail bios entry points from real mode.  Not
an easy task, and one that has been discussed on one of the lists by
Bruce, myself and a few others.

You _might_ try flashing the latest revision of the BIOS into that thing
and see if that clears up the problems, but I doubt it.