Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2007 12:13:16 -0500
From:      Paul Schmehl <pauls@utdallas.edu>
To:        FreeBSD Ports <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Weird problem with shells/scponly

--==========6A478B3294CE4A8424CD==========

I just encountered a very strange problem with shells/scponly.  When I=20
tried to portupgrade it, I consistently got an error:

/usr/ports/shells/scponly]# portupgrade scponly*
--->  Upgrading 'scponly-4.6_1' to 'scponly-4.6_2' (shells/scponly)
--->  Building '/usr/ports/shells/scponly' with make flags:=20
WITH_SCPONLY_WINSCP
make: don't know how to make WITH_SCPONLY_WINSCP. Stop
** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
        ! shells/scponly (scponly-4.6_1)        (clean error)
--->  Packages processed: 0 done, 0 ignored, 0 skipped and 1 failed

That option wasn't selected and isn't selected by default.  I tried make=20
rmconfig/make config, and all the other tricks I know, including make=20
distclean/portupgrade scponly*.

Finally I deinstalled the port and reinstalled it.  It installs fine both=20
with and without that knob.

Is portupgrade saving some setting somewhere that is different from config?

(I've cc'd the port maintainer although it doesn't look like there's a=20
problem with the port itself.)

--=20
Paul Schmehl (pauls@utdallas.edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst