Date:      Thu, 18 Jan 2001 11:31:33 -0500
From:      "Michael R. Wayne" <wayne@staff.msen.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org, freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   No OSPF with gated 3.6 on FreeBSD 4.2 stable

We brought up a new box on a January 9th build of 4.2 stable.
Everything seemed fine until we fired up gated 3.6 public (current
port).  gated comes up properly but it won't talk OSPF at all (other
OSPF routers never see any OSPF packets and gated_dump shows no
OSPF activity).  The config file is a clone from a working 3.3
system with only the IP address changed to that of the new machine.

Replaced the binary with the one from the 3.3 machine (and installed
the required shared library) - same result.  So the culprit appears to
be the kernel.

I did not notice anything on freebsd-stable regarding this lately but
it's possible that it was buried under something else and I missed it.

Any ideas?

/\/\ \/\/