Date:      Wed, 13 May 1998 12:50:32 -0500
From:      "Frank Pawlak" <fpawlak@execpc.com>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, Ashort@concentric.net
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD vs Linux

Jordan and All,

I am as we speak working on these two critical issues.  Understand, that my
time is limited as is that of all the volunteer staff.  The intent of my
post was to get the ball rolling and gather ideas.

There has been good response to several of the questions raised, such as
installed base etc.  I think that we have a large enough installed based
with an excellent growth run rate, and Instances of FreeBSD in locations
where it is being hammered on pretty hard to make a sound case for its'
viability.

I am working on a very rough outline for a document that makes the case for
FreeBSD to be presented to ISV product managers or whom ever we need to get
to in order to get some commercial action.  I wonder  what our chances are
of trying to persuade Oracle to port their DBMS to FreeBSD?  We could sure
use on early adaptor or two to serve as mentors in the endeavor.

Understand also that my some total of Linux/FreeBSD experience is slightly
over one year.  So where technological issues are concerned it could said
that I have a rough time finding my backside with two hands and a tour
guide. So if I make a statement or two in ignorance, a little gentle
guidance would be appreciated.  That said, I am still willing to devote
time to this in whatever capacity I can make some valuable contribution.

One last thing, the last part of my post has so far fetched zilch for
response.  That is the part that I expect to be torn apart and determined
as good/bad idea.  Also, one person was good enough to respond and
expressed a concern about their command of the English language.  Please
don't let that stop you.  If you have ideas, please express them and
working together we will sort out the language things.

Let's go to work

Frank