Date:      Fri, 16 Feb 2001 06:30:27 -0800
From:      Cy Schubert - ITSD Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        Mark Murray <mark@grondar.za>
Cc:        Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Wish List (was: Re: The /usr/bin/games bikeshed again)

In message <200102160607.f1G67k944464@gratis.grondar.za>, Mark Murray
writes:
> > :Hey, what's this uucp stuff? <duck for cover>
> > :
> > :Warner
> >
> >     /var/spool/uucppublic has been an eyesore to me for over 5 years now.
> >     Someone, PLEASE put it out of its misery!  Or turn it into a port.
> >     Or something... maybe just shoot it :-)
>
> Next on my list :-)

Other candidates, Kerveros IV.  Anyone is serious about using Kerberos
would install the krb5 port.  (I don't consider heimdal a serious
condender, it's already a port and it should have stayed there).  IMO,
both Kerberos IV and heimdal are just a waste of disk space).

Rdist was also discussed.  Rdist5, rdist6, and rsync should share the
same status.  Some of us have vendor and FreeBSD systems, use rdist5.
Others use Linux and FreeBSD system, use rdist6.  Others, like myself,
use rsync.  Too bad this discussion just fizzled out with no decision.

If we fulfil these wishes I'd be extremely grateful and make an
otherwise bad year a little better.

Regards,                         Phone:  (250)387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  (250)387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team   Internet:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, ITSD, ISTA
Province of BC