Date:      Mon, 04 Jun 2012 14:58:10 +0200
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        Miroslav Lachman <000.fbsd@quip.cz>
Cc:        Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@freebsd.org>, Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, Bernhard Froehlich <decke@freebsd.org>, FreeBSD ports list <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: New OPTIONS and make.conf knobs

On 04.06.2012 13:29, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
> Bernhard Froehlich wrote:
>> On 04.06.2012 11:55, Miroslav Lachman wrote:
>>> There is another problem with options and portmaster.
>>>
>>> I have WITHOUT_X11=yes in make.conf and if I try to install
>>> emulators/virtualbox-ose for the first time it immediately ends
>>> with
>>> error message instead of showing options dialog.

>>> # portmaster emulators/virtualbox-ose
>>>
>>> ===>>> Currently installed version: virtualbox-ose-4.1.16
>>> ===>>> Port directory: /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose
>>>
>>> ===>>> This port is marked BROKEN
>>> ===>>> QT4 frontend requires X11 support. Run 'make config' again!
>>>

>>> ===>>> If you are sure you can build it, remove the
>>> BROKEN line in the Makefile and try again.
>>> Terminated
>>>

>>> I don't know the order of processing options / knobs so I don't
>>> know
>>> if this is the problem of portmaster, OPTIONSng or Makefile
>>> it-self.
>>>
>>> To fix this problem, I must manually run `make config` in ports
>>> directory and uncheck QT4, then run portmaster again.
>>
>> That is not a bug at all. It was that way for the last 2 years and
>> still
>> is. The virtualbox ports do not use the new optionsng stuff yet and
>> the
>> problem that you are seeing is just because QT4 GUI without X11
>> doesn't
>> make sense. If you don't want X11 you also don't want QT4.
>
> Yes, that's right. But I am confused why portmaster does not show the
> options dialog to let user uncheck QT4?
>
> What I expect is:
> - run portmaster
> - show dialog with unchecked X11
> - let user uncheck QT4
> - save options in /var/db/ports
> - show error about conflicting options
>
> Now is:
> - run portmaster
> - show error about conflicting options
>
> I don't know if it can be solved by portmaster, ports framework or
> anything else.

 From the BROKEN message:

QT4 frontend requires X11 support. Run 'make config' again!

I think it will be fixed once virtualbox uses optionsng because it is
able to handle such option dependencies but for now it's the same as
it ever was.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/