Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 1995 20:50:32 -0600 (CST)
From:      Robert Michael Gorichanaz <wraith@csd.uwm.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org, hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Is this a bug?!?

I seem to have stumbled upon a bug (?!?) in FreeBSD - or maybe its a
hardware thing - dunno.

I just finished upgrading one of my 'bsd boxes from a dx2-50 ISA to a dx2-66
VLB motherboard.  Problems:

	I now seem to be unable to issue a Ctrl-Alt-Del (system
	just beeps at me each time I hit the combo).

	'shutdown' results in a kernel panic:

		panic: b_to_q to a clist with no reserved cblocks

	'reboot' 'fastboot' 'halt' etc. all lock the system just as
	it is about to reboot to system.  I get the "Press any key to reboot"
	message, and then the keyboard locks and I hafta hit the reset
	switch.

The board I used to use had the Symphony chipset, AMI bios and an Intel
dx-50.  This new one has a Bioteq chipset, AMI bios, and an AMD dx2-66.

MoBo functions just fine under a DOS/Windows environment (ctrl-alt-del
works).

Cards:  Soundblaster 16
	Buslogic BT-545 16bit busmaster SCSI
	'No-name' VLB IDE controller
	Trident 9400CXI VLB video 1MB

This is the only panic I have experienced.  While this isnt a HUGE problem,
I really need to be able to reboot this machine remotely (have an autodial
script to start a point-to-point link w/outside world).

Has anyone had similar problems with VLB boards?  Do I have a piece of sh*t
MoBo?

-W-

--
    /      /|   \                            O   For all you ORIGIN needs,
    |  \`o.O'   | Ack! Thptptptpt!          -+-      the Avatar is IN.
    \     U     / wraith@alpha2.csd.uwm.edu     Games, hardware, and comments.