Date:      Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:34:09 +0200
From:      Michael Grant <mgrant@grant.org>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   multiple IP addresses on a single interface

I run several different domains off my freebsd box.  I am interested to
know how much bandwidth each domain is using.  If I were to give each
domain a different IP address, I thought perhaps I could get per IP
address statistics, but I'm led to believe that since they all run on
the same interface that the bytecountes for all the addresses will be
the same.  (That's using ifconfig alias for the other addresses)

Is there any way to create some sort of sub interfaces such that the
bytecounts are per sub interface?