Date:      Sat, 2 Mar 2002 01:41:38 +0300
From:      "Vladislav V. Anikiev" <vladislav@peterstar.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Motif

  Hello everyone,

 Could anybody explain me, why does it go wrong ?
Is there anything to resolve this problem ?
I suppose there is something, but I've found only
that something wrong with xmLabelWidgetClass in
XtVaCreateManagedWidget() call.
Curently I'm using open-motif-2.1.30_1 under FreeBSD 4.4
 I'll be very greatfull, if someone write me about it.

 Vladislav

#include <Xm/Xm.h>
#include <Xm/Label.h>

main( int argc, char **argv)
{
  Widget	prParent, prLabel;
  XtAppContext	pAppContext;
  XmString	pString;
  static String	psText = "Hello, world !";

  prParent = XtVaAppInitialize( &pAppContext, "Label Simple", NULL, 0,
  				&argc, argv, NULL, NULL);

  pString = XmStringCreateSimple( psText );

  prLabel = XtVaCreateManagedWidget("Hello", xmLabelWidgetClass,
              prParent, XmNlabelString, pString, NULL);

/******* after XtVaCreateManagedWidget() call, I see following ***
X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  19 (X_DeleteProperty)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x0
  Serial number of failed request:  80