Date:      Tue, 25 Nov 1997 09:12:13 -0600
From:      Michael Porter <ocean@wavefront.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        Udo Wolter <uwp@ukrv.de>, multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re: Amancio's guspnp or Luigi's snd ?

Hey guys.  I've seen a lot of letters about sound lately, and I haven't read
most of them because if's hard to tell when a subject is relevent to its title
or if it's just two or three people complaining to each other.  I think it's
time for a faq, or a handbook page.  Maybe there is one, but I think it needs to
be noted a lot if there is.  It should explain what cards need what drivers, to
what extent they are supported, and future support.  No one is more qualified to
write it than Luigi and/or Amancio.  How about it guys?  This would be a great
service to us sound-newbies, and it would save you a lot of needless typing, I
think.  While skimming letters, people seem to have to re-iterate once a week
(at least)
Thanks!
Michael Porter
ocean@wavefront.com