Date:      Mon, 24 May 2004 22:26:13 -0400
From:      "Adam C. Migus" <adam@migus.org>
To:        David Johnson <david@usermode.org>
Cc:        freebsd-libh@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LibH or Anaconda ??

Quoting David Johnson <david@usermode.org>:

> On Sunday 23 May 2004 08:52 pm, С ·Éçç wrote:
>
> >   So , why don't you guys to think about migration rather than
> > rewriting a completely
> > different architecture for the installer ?
>
> Anaconda is certainly an option, but I doubt a binary-only Anaconda
> is.
> Think about it. We need to go beyond running Redhat's  installer in
> Linux compatibility mode. Also. SuSE just open sourced their YaST
> installer. That's an option as well.
>
> --
> David Johnson

I hear great things about SuSE's YaST and I generally think that using
it or Anaconda in the form of a native, ported, perhaps even enhanced
application is a great idea in general.

In summary, both Anaconda and YaST seem to have proven themselves in the
industry and giving people something they're already farmiliar with
from a UI stand-point is usually a win.

--
Adam C. Migus -- http://people.migus.org/~adam/