Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 2002 14:20:20 -0800
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Dan Delaney <Dionysos@Dionysia.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How do I UNinstall a core "distribution set"?

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 11:12:39PM -0500, Dan Delaney wrote:
> Hello all.
>=20
> Could anyone please tell me how to UNinstall one of the "distribution=20
> sets" from the core FreeBSD 4.5 installation? When I run=20
> /stand/sysinstall and go to the Post-install configuration, it gives=20
> me the option of INSTALLing more of the distribution sets, but I see=20
> no option to UNinstall any of them. When I installed 4.5 I just chose=20
> "All" to install all of the sets. But now I'd like to uninstall the=20
> KerberosIV and Kerberos5 sets so that the only Kerberos I have=20
> installed is the MIT Kerberos5 from the ports collection. How do I go=20
> about uninstalling the two Kerberos distribution sets?

You don't, automatically.  You could download the tarballs and extract
the list of files they install, and remove them by hand, but you'd be
removing too much because some of the files are present in multiple
distributions (e.g. telnetd with and without kerberos).

Kris

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ

--lrZ03NoBR/3+SXJZ--