Date:      Mon, 7 Jan 2002 17:28:26 +0100
From:      "Jose M. Alcaide" <jose@we.lc.ehu.es>
To:        Murray Stokely <murray@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        phantom@FreeBSD.ORG, stable@FreeBSD.ORG, re@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Please backout the recent locale change

On Sun, Jan 06, 2002 at 07:28:10PM -0800, Murray Stokely wrote:
> This commit was not approved (though I do realize there was a
> miscommunication involved), nor would it have been approved under any
> circumstances during the freeze.

The locale name change from *.DIS_8859-15 to *.ISO8859-15 is very useful
for european people, especially for residents in the eurozone. It solves
some compatibility issues with XFree86, so permitting us typing and
displaying the euro currency symbol on X11 applications without fiddling
with the XFree86's locales (and remember that the euro became real for
300+ million european citizens on January 1st, 2002). Just one suggestion:
couldn't the new locale names go into RC1 and, if there are serious
issues, then back them out before RC2? (I am convinced that 4.5-RC2 will
exist ;-) ).

  My 0,02 ¤,
          ^------ ISO 8859-15 euro currency symbol ;-)
  JMA
--
****** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose@we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas@FreeBSD.org ******
** "Beware of Programmers who carry screwdrivers" --  Leonard Brandwein **