Date:      Wed, 24 Sep 1997 16:20:01 -0700
From:      Don Lewis <Don.Lewis@tsc.tdk.com>
To:        Brandon Gillespie <brandon@roguetrader.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
Cc:        freebsd-fs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Known problems with async ufs?

On Sep 24, 10:31am, Brandon Gillespie wrote:

} I personally am running off a smart-ups, and have a daemon monitoring it
} so it will shutdown properly, if need be.

I've got four machines fed by an UPS.  Within 48 hours of being switched
to UPS power, someone working on an adjacent rack accidentally kicked loose
the power cord on the output side of the UPS :-(

You're also not protected against power supply failures and failures on
the output side of the UPS (blow fuse, etc.).