Date:      Thu, 21 Sep 1995 22:08:55 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sig 10/11 problems

> *    I just committed to CVS a work-around for the sig 10/11 problems that
> * people have been having for the past 3 weeks. It should be available to SUP
> * in about 4 hours (9pm PDT).
>
>I grabbed it off the cvs tree and recompiled the -current kernel but
>the symptoms (sig 10/11 for X programs) are still the same for
>me.... ;<

   Is the problem you're having with specific binaries, and does it always
fail? I think you might have a corrupt binary and/or shared library. Except
for a shell bug reported by Stephen Hocking, all of the reports I've gotten
back have indicated that the patch has gotten rid off all of the sig 10/11
flakiness they were experiancing.
   Also, can you verify that the revision you're using of ffs_vnops.c is
indeed 1.13, please? ...oh, and there were other bugs that have been fixed
recently, I assume that you're running -current from within the past day or
so?

-DG