Date:      Mon, 25 Aug 2003 13:58:36 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "James Halstead" <jhalstead@fsisys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   mgapdesk crash

I am curious if anybody has had any luck using the mgapdesk port. A
friend of mine has a computer with a matrox g550 installed, after
a fresh install of 4.8, newest X port and running X -configure,
the mgapdesk program seems to just crash the X server every time it is
run. It generates a core file, but I am not diving into X that deeply ;p

All that program does if I recall, is just to help re-generate the
X config with options to enable multi-monitors and such I was simply
interested in seeing if I can get his tv output to work, if I can't, then
I won't be able to convince him to stick with FreeBSD :(

Thanks,
-James