Date:      Mon, 25 Jan 1999 23:43:04 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rich Morin <rdm@cfcl.com>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ports/9694: netatalk-asun nits

>Number:         9694
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       netatalk-asun nits
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:

	stand-alone FreeBSD machine, serving several Macs

	I have three small nits to report about netatalk-asun,
        as distributed for FreeBSD:

	1)  The documentation does not state that fact that one
            needs to build the NETATALK option into the kernel.
            In fact, it strongly implies that the kernel is OK
            as distributed.

        2)  The documentation does not state that fact that one
            needs to install the tcp_wrappers package before one
            can install netatalk successfully (printing will work,
            but AppleShare serving will fail).

	3)  If the home directory of the account is /, the Mac's
            Chooser is handed a volume name that crashes the Mac!

>How-To-Repeat:

	Set up an account whose home directory is "/".  Try to
        mount that volume.