Date:      Sun, 19 Jan 1997 02:59:21 +0900
From:      Masafumi NAKANE/=?ISO-2022-JP?B?GyRCQ2Y6LDJtSjgbKEI=?= <max@wide.ad.jp>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, max@wide.ad.jp
Subject:   Re: getegid() on -current?

    >> Recently, I've noticed that getegid() don't seem to be working
    >> right.  For example, nethack complains it can't write into its
    >> score board directory, although nethack binary is setegid (to
    >> group games), and the directory in question is group writable.

    bde> Perhaps it depends on _POSIX_SAVED_IDS semantics for saved
    bde> ids.  -current and 2.2 no longer support this.

I recompiled nethack and now it works.  Maybe that was because of what
you suggest, although I don't have correct knowledge about what it is.

Probably, some packages in packages-current and in packages-2.2 need
to be rebuilt.

     Thanks,
Max