Date:      Thu, 3 Apr 2014 12:21:41 -0700
From:      Sean Fagan <sef@ixsystems.com>
To:        freebsd-net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   More on the whole interruptless networking

I've made a series of diffs.  I've only tested them in vmware fusion for =
now, so that's if_lem that gets involved.  I need to track down a system =
with igb and try that; I'm much less sure of those changes than I am the =
if_em / if_lem changes.

Note that, for various reasons, I used git for my source control.  One =
of those reasons was "I really need to get some experience with git, so =
this seems like a good excuse."  So pardon me if I produced them =
incorrectly.

I'm attaching two of the sets for perusal; the others are over on one of =
my machines.

First up:  netdump-10-diffs.txt, attached to this message.

This gets the old netdump branch compiling in 10.0.

Second, also attached to this message, kernel-netdump-diffs.txt, which =
then takes that, and splits out some of the code, so that I could use it =
in the real purpose for doing all of this.

Third, which is at =
http://earth.kithrup.com/~sef/netdump/kernel-kdp-diffs.txt, is an =
in-progress port (hence all the output it creates) of the KDP protocol =
Apple uses for kernel debugging over ethernet.  It's not entirely =
functional yet, but it's hard to tell how much of that is this side, and =
how much is the gdb side.

Which leads me to fourth, at =
http://earth.kithrup.com/~sef/netdump/gdb-diffs.txt, which are changes =
to gdb (also in-progress, hence it can be very verbose) to attach to the =
KDP code in the third patch.

Despite my splitting them out like that, I haven't tried doing them =
separately.  See earlier comment about git for why that is; if anyone =
really wants, I can poke around and try to get the diffs from each =
stage.  Obviously, however, they really are all fairly interconnected.

Sean.