Date:      Tue, 06 Nov 2001 07:15:09 -0500
From:      "Kenneth Mays" <kmays2000@hotmail.com>
To:        winter@jurai.net, dwcjr@inethouston.net
Cc:        mloiterman@hotmail.com, marcel-lists@virtua.ch, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: What NIC to choose ?

Why not use the Intel 10/100 NICs?? 3Com came out with a later version
of several NICs (3c905c-TX-M or 3cSOHO100-TX) which are excellent buys.
The drivers and firmware are better for these cards. I have some of the
older 3c905b-TX which are good enough and for the laptops I tend to use
the 3Com 3CCFEM556B (10/100+56K Modem) NICs.

I've been able to buy these NICs from $19-$50 USA (prices dropped about a
year ago). These products are reliable NICs and I haven't had any problems
out of them.

Ken Mays