Date:      28 Apr 2002 01:57:30 -0400
From:      Joe Marcus Clarke <marcus@marcuscom.com>
To:        Frank - <dimspyder@hotmail.com>
Cc:        witr@rwwa.com, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, sobomax@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Galeon 1.2.1 problems

On Sun, 2002-04-28 at 02:47, Frank - wrote:
> >Are you running galeon on -CURRENT or -stable?  -CURRENT has quite a few
> >extra debugging options turned on that may be hindering performance.
>
> -CURRENT
>
> >What compiler flags to you have set?  I compile with the default "-O
> >-pipe".
>
> Whatever is the default is what I am using to compile with.
>
> >Do you see the same behavior when just using Mozilla?  Can you
> >give me an example page that takes a long time to render?
>
> No, Mozilla is fine for loading pages.  There is no example page which would
> take a long time, they ALL do.... even pages local to this machine load very
> slowly. This has been tested both with and without mozilla-embedded....

I'll take a look at my -CURRENT machine at work on Monday.  As I recall,
Galeon < 1.2.1 was working just fine, albeit a little slow due to the
-CURRENT baggage.  I just upgraded to 1.2.1 before I left work on
Friday, but I didn't test.

Honestly, if Mozilla is working Galeon really should be, too....that is,
as long as you're using the same Mozilla.  Could you delete
mozilla-embedded from the system and see if Galeon still comes up?  I'd
be interested in seeing if some part of Galeon is still depending on
mozilla-embedded.

Joe

PGP Key: http://www.marcuscom.com/pgp.asc