Date:      Fri, 19 Sep 1997 15:42:18 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        hoek@hwcn.org
Cc:        Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>, Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Memory leak in getservbyXXX?

> Yes, we could have the government allow certain large
> corporations to market and sell these lethal products, even
> though the gov't knows that they are lethal.  The gov't could
> even make tax money from these things, which we could call
> cigarettes.

3 Problems:

1. Not fast enough.

2. Not dangerous enough (dangerous, yes, but not as dangerous as
   a brick of C4 plastic explosive or a Johnny Home Nerve Gas
   Experimenter's kit).

3. Not nearly interesting enough to the onlookers.  If folks are going
   to off themselves, they might as well put some effort into making
   it both spectacular and entertaining for any potential television
   audience.