Date:      Fri, 11 Jan 2002 08:46:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      Dave Runkle <dave@runkle.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Sylpheed dumps core when starting

I've tried several ways to build sylpheed-0.7 (and previous). They
make and install and port-install just fine, no errors.

But when I start it up, it dumps core (segmentation fault) and dies.

There are no other messages either on the command line or in
/././messages, just this:

  Jan 11 08:41:34 trittico kernel: pid 82233 (sylpheed), uid 1001:
  exited on signal 11 (core dumped)
  [1]+  Segmentation fault      (core dumped) sylpheed

Can someone give me an idea or tip about how to find the cause of
this segfault? How can I diagnose it? I've ulimit-ed cores, I could
allow them again but wouldn't know what to do with it anyway.

FreeBSD 5.0-CURRENT
 8:38AM  up 19 days,  2:15, 10 users, load averages: 1.38, 1.40, 1.47

All ports up-to-date.

I guess I could install the pkg, but I've used ports for absolutely
everything on this box, so far, hate to quit now!

Thanks,
Dave