Date:      Sat, 23 Jan 2016 07:31:22 -0800
From:      Adrian Chadd <adrian.chadd@gmail.com>
To:        Pavel Odintsov <pavel.odintsov@gmail.com>
Cc:        Eduardo Meyer <dudu.meyer@gmail.com>,  "freebsd-net@freebsd.org" <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: netmap design question - accessing netmap:X-n individual queues on FreeBSD

For random src/dst ports and IPs and on the chelsio t5 40gig hardware,
I was getting what, uhm, 40mil tx pps and around 25ish mil rx pps?

The chelsio rx path really wants to be coalescing rx buffers, which
the netmap API currently doesn't support. I've no idea if luigi has
plans to add that. So, it has the hilarious side effect of "adding
more RX queues" translates to "drops in RX performance." :(

Thanks,

-a