Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2019 13:47:29 +0200
From:      Daniel Engberg <daniel.engberg.lists@pyret.net>
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org, sparvu@kronometrix.org
Subject:   Re: recreate FreeBSD 12 ARM image

Hi Stefan,

I've been looking at this myself a little bit unfortunately I haven't
been able to find such solution yet but this might help you on the way.

To build the image itself you can use FreeBSD's own infrastructure, I've
written a very short tutorial on the Wiki about it which you can find
here:
https://wiki.freebsd.org/FreeBSD/arm/Build_image_using_release_building_infrastructure
.

In your case I think the "easiest" solution would be to patch the source
tree in chroot and possibly disabling future checkouts later on. This is
documented in the man page:
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?release(7)

As far as packages goes it's a bit more tricky, I haven't found a good
solution and easy for it yet but you might want to have a look at:

firstboot_sentinel
https://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2013-October/045502.html
https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=rc.conf

firstboot-pkgs