Date:      Fri, 2 Jun 1995 14:27:06 +0200 (SAT)
From:      Tony Harverson  <harverso@beastie.cs.und.ac.za>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Netboot

Hey All,

I've been trying to get a couple of the hosts on our ethernet network here
netbooting and have a coupla problems...

The first ( and major ) one is that the host that will do the serving
of the files is on a different subnet from the ones I want to boot - the
probelm here is that the router of the novell lan the client is sitting in
is routing all bootp requests to the bootp server of capus :( so the server
never sees them.  While I can set all th values for ip's and hosts manually,
the value of the gateway is unsettable.  This results in the phenomen that
the client (not getting the name of the gateway from the server (for some
reason, the standard telnet bootps served by the bootpserver are not good
enough for it) cannot contact the tftp server.  Sugggestions ? The server I
hope to use is a FreeBSD machine itself..

Thanks for Any Ideas..
Tony

--
~~~|~~~           aka: Tony Harverson - the #za Stalker
   | rog = harverso@beastie.cs.und.ac.za
  "...Let us die young or let us live forever/We Don't have the power but we
   never say never.." - Alphaville