Date:      Tue, 1 Feb 2000 21:34:31 -0500
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   gd requiring X (was Re: skip requires X?)

Everyone,

Just to (hopefully) put an end to the "gd needs X" thread that this
has turned into...

I am the new maintainer of gd. I plan to make it so gd can be built with
and without X. I plan to make the default to not require X.

If ports need a "gd that absolutly has the X libs" then I will make another
port that uses the existing gd port as its master and installs some different
library or something.

Requiring that web servers with php and gd (or perl and gd or whatever) have
X installed is stupid.

--
Bill Fumerola - Network Architect
Computer Horizons Corp - CVM