Date:      Tue, 25 Aug 1998 11:57:20 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Panic with DEVFS

is it possible to find out which device it is?

disabled devices should not show up in devfs as they
should not be probed and the probe routine should be responsible for
adding the devfs entries..
(actually the  attach routine but...)
except for devices that do not probe, (e.g. /dev/mem)
which do it in their init routine.