Date:      Fri, 4 Jun 1999 13:55:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        toor@dyson.iquest.net (John S. Dyson)
Cc:        jkh@zippy.cdrom.com, brian@Awfulhak.org, dillon@apollo.backplane.com, dyson@iquest.net, ahasty@mindspring.com, crossd@cs.rpi.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, schimken@cs.rpi.edu
Subject:   Re: 3.2-stable, panic #12

An attempt at a constructive idea...

Regarding the comment that communicating via face to face meetings
is vastly superior (and less emotionally draining) that communicating
via email..

Why don't we send all of our VM experts (JD, DG, Matt, Alan, Poul, et.al.)
to a 3-day "FreeBSD VM camp" (funded by the FreeBSD project), give them lots
of white boards and markers, and see what they come up with? Like: a well
thought out, detailed, and agreed-upon roadmap for future work.

Maybe email is sufficient even for the single most critical and complex part
of FreeBSD, but this whole Matt debacle seems like a counter-example to that.

Just a thought.

-Archie