Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:33:05 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        jhay@mikom.csir.co.za (John Hay)
Cc:        uttt@fang.cs.sunyit.edu, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IPX

> I didn't do SPX because we did not need it and I only changed the ed ethernet
> driver because we use SMC cards. It only works for Ethernet II and not the
> 802.3 ethernet protocol that Novell used as a default for a long time.

The 802.3 that Novell used for a long time had a framing violation;
I'm not suprised.

The workaround was the fact that the protocol ID was in the illeal size
range, at which time you treated it as an encapsulated packet.

It's fairly easy to support, since it doesn't really require a different
LLC or anything.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---