Date:      Thu, 17 Jan 2002 23:08:12 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        "Bob Hall" <rjhalljr@starpower.net>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Using natd

> On Thu, Jan 17, 2002 at 09:46:17PM -0500, tony wrote:
> > I'm sorry but when I make a change to natd.conf and then try a kill -HUP
> > pidfile it doesn't actually notice the configuration change.. that is
why I
> > posted the script that actually kills natd and then restarts it
>
> You may be right. The only time I send HUP to natd is when I'm
> restarting pppd. That's a configuration change, but not a change
> in a configuration file.

This is correct.  I've got a patch that makes a HUP signal make natd re-read
it's configuration file.  (I got tired of losing my connection to remote
machines when tweaking configurations.)  Due to the design of libalias
there's no easy way to make old entries go away, but existing entries can be
modified and new entries can be added.  Making natd into something more like
ipfw (with add/change/delete functionality) is on my TODO list ...
somewhere.

--
Matt Emmerton