Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 21:42:17 +0400 (MSD)
From:      Andrey Zakhvatov <andy@icc.surw.chel.su>
To:        chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Qt directory layout

Hello!

> > One question: what you think about Qt package directory layout?
> >
> > I request ${X11BASE/include/qt directory for include files, not
> > ${X11BASE}/include/X11/qt.
>
> This isn't really under your control, because all the rest of the qt
> software is expecting the location of the qt includes in a certain
> place.  If you monkey with it, then none of the other qt software will
> find the includes, and you'll have to change every
>
> #include <X11/qt/something.h>
>
> into
>
> #include <qt/something.h>

  Ok, but any Qt-based software that I have been compile, have
Makefile with lines like this:
INCDIR=$(QTDIR)/include
LIBDIR=$(QTDIR)/lib
CFLAGS+=-I$(INCDIR)
LDFLAG=-L$(LIBDIR)

and *.cc files have lines: #include <qt.h>
Such things appears in software from Qt homesite, so I think it's
common way to use Qt library.

> Just too big a pain.  I know, another fix would be to change all the
> -I/usr/X11R6/include instances to -I/usr/X11R6/include/X11, but nothing
> now currently even needs that.
  What the name of software that use #include <X11/qt/xxxx.h> ?
  Is it really _big_ pain?

                                     Sincerely yours, Andy.