Date:      Fri, 13 Oct 2017 06:37:24 -0400
From:      James Geering <j.geering@btinternet.com>
To:        hrs@FreeBSD.org, mbeis@xs4all.nl
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: windowmaker-0.95.8

Hello,
I hope I have the maintainers correct; I was expecting a single person
but find two names!
Marco you have certainly helped me on another post and saw that you
submitted the port
on the fresh ports page - do I have this wrong?

I'm on FreeBSD 11.1-Release
I have been trying to upgrade to the latest WindowMaker from 0.95.7 ->
0.95.8.  Having realised that the latest compilation
hadn't yet made it to the port mechanism I started down the path of
downloading the latest source via SVN.
 root% svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head  /usr/ports
Once downloaded I moved to /usr/ports/x11-wm/windowmaker/ and issue a
root% make config-recursive    ... I accept all the defaults in the
ensuing configuration screens.
Finally I issue a   root% make install    command
After a few screens scrolling past the script stops with an error at
"checking for Magick support library ... configure: error: found
MagickWand library but could not compile its header"

>From looking at the config.log I find the following:
configure:17675: checking for Magick support library
configure:22: cc -o conftest -O2 -pipe  -fstack-protector
-fno-strict-aliasing -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-deprecated
-Wno-deprecated-declarations -I/usr/local/include -DNDEBUG
-D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -DFREEBSD  -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector
conftest.c -lkvm  -L/usr/local/lib -lMagickWand-6 -lMagickCore-6  >&5
configure:22: $? = 0
configure:17: cc -c -O2 -pipe  -fstack-protector -fno-strict-aliasing
-Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-deprecated
-Wno-deprecated-declarations -I/usr/local/include/ImageMagick-6
-DMAGICKCORE_HDRI_ENABLE=0 -DMAGICKCORE_QUANTUM_DEPTH=16
-I/usr/local/include -DNDEBUG -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=700 -DFREEBSD conftest.c
>&5
conftest.c:72:10: fatal error: 'wand/magick_wand.h' file not found
so it looks like magick_wand.h cannot be found.  Surely this should have
been brought down with the repo checkout?

Many thanks for any insight you can offer.
Thank you,
James

#include <wand/magick_wand.h>