Date:      Thu, 09 Jan 1997 20:35:49 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        davidn@unique.usn.blaze.net.au (David Nugent)
Cc:        obrien@cs.ucdavis.edu (David O'Brien), chuckr@glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey), ache@nagual.ru, asami@cs.berkeley.edu, m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Niklas Hallqvist: archivers/hpack.non-usa.only

In message <Mutt.19970110131236.davidn@labs.blaze.net.au> David Nugent writes:
: No, they don't have sys/param.h. It is a BSDism that is only
: recently being more widely adopted. IIRC, AIX and DG's UNIX
: don't have it either. I don't currently have access to either
: HPUX or IRIX systems to check, but I somehow doubt that either
: use it.

Ummm, that's not correct.  AIX 3.2.5 definitely had sys/param.h since
OI used MAXPATHLEN from that file.  HPUX 9.0.something likewise, as
well as IRIX 5.2 and 6.x.  I don't know about DG's unix, however I
suspect that it does have it based on reports I received, along with
diffs, that OI compile on that machine with a single, small change to
the files needing to be included for time stuff.  The DG system in
question was a SYSVr4.something based system for the mk88000.

I've sent mail to some friends that I have with these systems for them
to check to be sure that my memory is correct.  They have not yet
responded.

"Recently" is systems that have been shipped in the last 5 years,
which should be most of the systems out there today.

The program I've used to test is

#if defined(unix) || defined(__unix__)
#include <sys/param.h>
#endif