Date:      Sat, 04 Nov 2000 21:20:32 GMT
From:      Salvo Bartolotta <bartequi@inwind.it>
To:        Marko Cuk <cuk@cuk.nu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Stability

On 11/4/00, 9:59:27 PM, Marko Cuk <cuk@cuk.nu> wrote regarding=20
Stability:

> Hello !!

> Can anyone explain me, why is FreeBSD known as powerful sistem with
> industrial strenghth and rock stability, but I manage to crash it=20
several
> times.

> The bridge code in 4.1x is unstable in conjuction with ipfw, I had=20
several
> problems with Vinum and Raid5 and maschine crashed every day if I used=

> something od previously mentioned things.

> I came from Linux world, wich was unlikely for me, but Linux never=20
crashed on
> my maschines. My average uptime was 100 days with bridge, with raid5=20
and so
> on....

> This is not a threat or something, but I am curious, why FBSD crashes =

in such
> manners. I also managed to run Vinum twice by mistake, but, again,=20
maschine
> crashed.

> Thanks, Marko Cuk

Dear Marko Cuk,

If you provided more details, somebody might help you identify your=20
sw/hw problems, debug them and solve them.=20

Among other people, Greg Lehey, the author of vinum, reads this=20
mailing list, and I think he would be interested in knowing what=20
specific problems you have met.

Best regards,
Salvo