Date:      Thu, 14 May 1998 22:47:02 +0200
From:      Stefan Esser <se@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Stefan Bethke <stefan@promo.de>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ISA PnP / snd PnP developments?

On 1998-05-11 11:30 +0200, Stefan Bethke <stefan@promo.de> wrote:
> --On Sam, 9. Mai 1998 15:21 Uhr +0200 "Stefan Esser" <se@freebsd.org> wrote:
>

> > On 1998-05-06 11:13 +0200, Stefan Bethke <stefan@promo.de> wrote:
> >> --On Die, 5. Mai 1998 23:47 Uhr +0200 "Stefan Esser" <se@freebsd.org>
> >> they
>
> > Well, the comment is a little misleading, but not wrong,
> > nonetheless ... :)
>
> I don't get it. Before I beat this to death: what affordable book (besides

[ The comment is not wrong, pcibus.c implements the PCI BIOS primitives.
The functions could be wrappers that call the BIOS in x86 PC compatible
system, but it just doesn't make any sense, IMHO. ]

> the standards) would you recommend on PCI configuration and the PC-specific
> BIOS cruft?

"PCI System Architecture" by Tom Shanley and Don Anderson (Mindshare, Inc.,
Addison Wesley) is a very good book about most aspects of PCI, but deals
with the PCI BIOS on only 10 of its 560 pages. (But that is already more
than the PCI BIOS deserves, IMHO :)

Feel free to ask (in German ;), if you have any specific question ...

Regards, STefan