Date:      Fri, 14 Jun 2002 19:27:47 +0200
From:      Vincent Jardin <vjardin@wanadoo.fr>
To:        Harti Brandt <brandt@fokus.gmd.de>
Cc:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HE622 and HE155 Drivers

> I have an NATM and netgraph-ATM driver for the HE cards. It's tested with
> HE155, code is there for the HE622. Don't know about PCI64. The cards are
> excellent.

Thanks. I have checked your source code. The idea of Netgraph ATM (ng_atm) is
great. It looks simple to feed the PDU of the AAL5/CPCS with whatever
payload, just like the ng_ether node.

However what is the advantage on the HARP/ATM kernel sockets ?

I think that the following architecture would be more simple, don't you ?

   ng_XXXX

   ng_ksocket

According to you, how difficult would it be if I wanted to port this drivers
for the HARP stack ?

Is your driver based on the Marconi's source code for the HE155 ?

Why are the ATM drivers stack specific ?

Vincent