Date:      Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:16:41 -0800
From:      "Loren M. Lang" <lorenl@alzatex.com>
To:        Jeff Lawlor <jeff.lawlor@med.va.gov>
Subject:   Re: Linux kernel on FreeBSD

On Fri, Dec 10, 2004 at 08:49:50AM -0600, Jeff Lawlor wrote:
> For programs that require linux kernel source code what about copying
> the linux kernel source files from a linux box on to the FreeBSD
> machine?  Has anyone tried this?

This make make it compile, but it does not mean it will work.  For
example, if the program requires the kernel headers to define the ioctls
used for V4L2, it may now compile under freebsd, but the device file
won't know what to do with that ioctl and fail, assuming the device file
even exists.

--
I sense much NT in you.
NT leads to Bluescreen.

Fingerprint: B3B9 D669 69C9 09EC 1BCD  835A FAF3 7A46 E4A3 280C