Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2018 12:43:17 +0200
From:      Kajetan Staszkiewicz <vegeta@tuxpowered.net>
To:        "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen@punkt.de>
Cc:        net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysctl for carp and pfsync on boot

--nextPart2374728.ioGsrrtHUN

On Wednesday, 22 August 2018 17:11:59 CEST Patrick M. Hausen wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> > Am 22.08.2018 um 17:00 schrieb Kajetan Staszkiewicz
> > <vegeta@tuxpowered.net>: Is there a preferred way to configure sysctls
> > for modules loaded from kld_list?
>
> We found the same problem in our setup making extensive use of if_bridge.
>
> Now we simply load that module early via loader.conf - all sysctls available
> right away.

I'm pretty sure this did not work for me, not for pfsync module at least.
Where did you put your sysctls? /boot/loader.conf? Maybe order of modules
being loaded matters? Like pfsync loaded before carp maybe.

Nevertheless this looks like a bug for me. Hackery with bootloader does not
seem like a real solution. There might be good reasons to not load modules at
boot.

--
| pozdrawiam / greetings | powered by Debian, FreeBSD and CentOS |
|  Kajetan Staszkiewicz  | jabber,email: vegeta()tuxpowered net  |