Date:      Wed, 16 Aug 1995 19:35:31 +0200
From:      Lars koeller <uphya001@odie.physik2.uni-rostock.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   xperfmon++v1.1pl1 port collection in ../incoming

   Hello!

      I'm  just finishing   the  port of xperfmon++v1.1   (patchlevel1) for
   FreeBSD-2.X.   This X11 utility displays  in  several graphs the load of
   the system like:

   user-, system-, idle-cpu, free mem, disk io, network packets, and NFS-io

   The files in the incoming directory are:

	- xperfmon11pl1.tar.gz: The tared /usr/port directory

      Due to V1.1 I remove a memory leak in bsd_systems.c and fix (not very
   clean with  a  hack)  the  -geometry  option bug. There  are  still some
   strange side effects during resize.

      If someone is more familar in X11 programing  than I it would be nice
   he/she take a look in  xperfmon.c (for my  patches search for LK!!!) and
   implement  a   clean  -geometry     handling.   The original      author
   rsmith@proteus.arc.nasa.gov  is not able  to spend some time on xperfmon
   in the next months cause he's to busy.

   Perhaps a member of the core-team can check this and tell me if it
   works and how to proceed.

   Thanks and have fun with xperfmon++v1.1pl1

   Lars

Lars Köller                        E-Mail:
University of Rostock (Germany)       lars.koeller@odie.physik2.Uni-Rostock.DE
Fachbereich Physik
Universitätsplatz 3		   Phone:  +49 381/498-1665 or 498-1648
18051 Rostock                      Fax:    +49 381/498-1667