Date:      Thu, 08 Jan 1998 12:09:09 +0000
From:      Jason Thomson <jason.thomson@mintel.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Philip.Ward@mintel.co.uk
Subject:   OFFTOPIC:  Computer supplier in Chicago area.

This may be a bit off topic,  but I trust the people who read these
lists to give some sensible answers.

The company I work for,  (Mintel International Group Ltd.)  is setting
up a venture in Chicago.  We will require equipment (PCs, scanners,
notebooks etc),  an internet connection and support.  So if anyone can
supply these services or recommend someone,  I would be most
appreciative.  Below is an idea of what we would want (nothing has been
finally decided yet):

Hardware:
4 PCs (P166MMXs, 32MB Ram, Win95).
2 Servers (P200MMX, 64MB Ram, 1 NT,  1 FreeBSD).
A4 Scanner.
Digital Camera.
Laser Printer.
Ethernet Network.  (i.e. cabling,  cards,  hub).  (Probably 10BaseT with
                                                   Cat 5 cabling).
Software:
MS Office95 x 4.

Internet Connection:
Dial-up or leased line.       (Not decided yet).
Fixed IP address preferable.  (Perhaps even a 8 or 16 addresses).
Secondary DNS                 (maybe).
Configured FreeBSD box        (Not fully decided on this one either
                               yet - I'm not coming over to do it myself
                               - so we may want a fully configured box
                               we can just drop in).

Support:
This is an important one.  We will be doing most of the support from the
UK (over the telephone and using PC Anywhere or something similar and
telnet or ssh for the FreeBSD box).  However, if anything catastrophic
happens (as it sometimes does  -  e.g.  Disk crash / OS corruption etc.
/ Hardware failure) we would need to be able to rely on someone to go in
and sort things out.

And now for the fun part - we want to get all this together and put it
in during the first week of February.

It's probably best if replies don't go to back to the list.  (It's not
that interesting for most of the people on the list).  So please reply
direct to me (jason.thomson@mintel.co.uk).

Thanks for your help (hopefully),

Jason Thomson
Director Of IT