Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 1997 15:54:25 -0800
From:      Scott C Kennedy 619-658-4152 <sck@qualcomm.com>
To:        www@netbsd.org, www@openbsd.org, www@freebsd.org
Cc:        sck@qualcomm.com
Subject:   Invitation to speak at BEACH LISA in San Diego on Apr 22nd, 7pm

I know that you are not the correct address to send this type of request to,
but in looking for an appropriate mailing-list, I have yet to see one that
fits best. Can you suggest one? Otherwise, Do you have a list of consultants
in Southern California?

Scott
-----------------------------

Good afternoon,

My name is Scott C. Kennedy and I am on the board of director's for BEACH
L.I.S.A - the San Diego System Administrators Group.

BEACH L.I.S.A. will be having a special meeting in April to discuss the
various UNIX implementations available for the Intel x86 platform. I'd
like to see if I can arrange for a local representative for your Unix
implementation to speak. If you cannot provide one, please let me know
if you have a consultant in the area who is willing to speak on your behalf.

Each speaker will be asked to give a 10 min presentation on their
implementation, they are free to say anything they like during their
presentation, but I'd suggest staying within the realms of good taste.
(ie. no competitor bashing)

After the presentations, we will have a Q&A period which will allow the
audience to ask questions.

Here's the excerpt from our Web Page.
	http://www.beachlisa.org/meetings.shtml#APR

	April 22nd.

	War of the Intel Unixes

	Experts from the partisian camps of BSD, Linux and Solaris, all on
	Intel, will square off in a panel discussion (argument?) of who has
	the better Unix. Perhaps the only thing they'll agree on is that any
	of them are better than Microsoft Windows.

The meeting will start at 7pm and is expected to end about 9pm. The meeting
facilites will be the Qualcomm Auditorium, which seats approximately 300
people. Video projectors, whiteboards, slide projectors, overhead
transparencies, and LCD projectors will be available for use. Please let us
know which you may need and I will make sure they are prepared for you.

So far, I have tentative commitments from

	Solaris x86 - SunSoft or a local SE/CE
	FreeBSD - TBD.
	Linux - Garrett D'Amore of Qualcomm

Scott C. Kennedy