Date:      26 Apr 2003 11:41:56 -0400
From:      Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>
To:        Jud <judmarc@fastmail.fm>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems setting up dual-boot

--=-xErxMO4nplEJygJ+bZU2

On Sat, 2003-04-26 at 11:33, Jud wrote:
> I'm not an expert, but I don't think the location of swap should be a=20
> problem so long as it isn't on an "a" partition and / *is* on an "a"=20
> partition.

Ok, then I should be OK on this part.

> *Both* disks must have the bootloader installed.  So if ad0 is the Win di=
sk=20
> and ad3 is the FreeBSD disk, you must install the bootloader on both,=20
> whether you want to do so using sysinstall or boot0cfg.

I installed the boot loader on ad3 when I was first setting up FreeBSD.
I added it to my first drive later, using an online example.=20

However, I'm pretty certain that somewhere along the way I did something
wrong. So, if someone can start me from the beginning, how do I remove
the current boot loaders from both partitions, and add them back
correctly?=20

Here is my current fstab:
# Device		Mountpoint	FStype	Options		Dump	Pass#
/dev/ad3s1b		none		swap	sw		0	0
/dev/ad3s2a		/		ufs	rw		1	1
/dev/ad3s2g		/home		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad3s2e		/tmp		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad3s2f		/usr		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/ad3s2d		/var		ufs	rw		2	2
/dev/acd0		/cdrom		cd9660	ro,noauto	0	0

> Should be no problem, unless RAID is involved.

Well, I do have IDE RAID on that motherboad, but its not involved with
either of the boot devices (its strictly for archives).

Thanks again,
--=20
Adam <blueeskimo@gmx.net>

--=-xErxMO4nplEJygJ+bZU2